Morning Tai Chi
Start the day with tai chi
The morning tai chi class focuses on learning the Yang-style 108-posture form so it can be practiced safely, peacefully, and with good understanding of its energy patterns and martial applications. Solo and partner drills are practiced to help internalize the fundamentals of tai chi
• warmups that focus on joint mobility, flexibility, and balance.
• correct posture and body structure
• coordinated breathing
• stances and stepping
• whole body movement
• energy patterns in the form
• martial applications of the movements
• tai chi principles
• partner work to help feel the practical applications of the movements.The class incorporates solo and partner drills, qigong exercises, gentle stretches, and the Yang style 108 posture form.
Instructor: Axie Breen